We are committed to providing innovative solutions for Sustainable Habitat, while minimising the health and environmental impact of our products and systems at each stage of their life cycle.
We minimise our environmental footprint by:
- Integrating our sustainability approach at each stage of the product life cycle, from the extraction of the raw materials, to production, through to our end-of-life recycling process;
- Locating our global manufacturing facilities as close as possible to the main construction hotspots, ensuring that our response is prompt and that our materials are local to minimise transportation;
- Participating in large-scale land restoration of gypsum quarries ;
- Limiting our impact on natural resources and biodiversity;
- Minimizing our energy consumption and CO2 emissions; and
- Reducing the levels of water withdrawal and water discharge in liquid form (aiming for zero discharge).
At Saint-Gobain Gyproc, we integrate our sustainability approach at each stage of the product life cycle and strive to minimize the environmental impacts of our products at every single juncture.